CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system for tomato and tomato derivatives that enables to perform quality controls easily and rapidly, determining the concentration of lactic acid either in a laboratory or directly in the production plant.
Tomato can be tested under any form, either chopped, or as a sauce or as a paste. Sample preparation is minimal and anyone can perform the test, even personnel with no previous specific lab tech experience. It is also possible to analyze any type of vegetable purée.
How FoodLab works
Performing chemical analyses on tomato, tomato derivatives and vegetable purées is simple and fast, because sample preparation is minimal (microfiltration is sufficient). All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.
With CDR FoodLab®, chemical tests on tomato, tomato derivatives and vegetable purées are performed in just a few steps and results are yielded right away:
- Select the parameter to measure from the menu: the system automatically selects the correct wavelength.
- Use the supplied pipette to add the correct volume of sample to the pre-vialed reagent, specifically developed by our laboratories. A colorimetric reaction is generated.
- Follow the displayed instructions.
The result of the test is automatically calculated, displayed and printed in just a few minutes in its unit of measure.
Easy to use
The system is designed to be used by anyone, without the support of skilled staff. The analysis methods are easier than the traditional ones and can be performed in few steps:
- Adding the sample volume to the pre-vialed reagent.
- Following the displayed instructions and if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process.
- Results are automatically calculated, displayed and printed.
SAVE YOUR TIME
To assess the quality of tomato and vegetable purées, CDR FoodLab® relies on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures
Moreover, CDR FoodLab® allows accelerating analytical procedures. Its thermostated incubation cells and the multitasking mode allow performing in an simple and fast way:
- several analyses at the same time on the same sample
- sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.
The analytical system includes:
- A spectrophotometric analyzerthat use LEDs, instead of usual tungsten lamps, 4 reading cells and 16 incubation cells thermostated at 37° C.
- “Step by step” built-in guideduring the analysis procedure.
- A Kit of pre-vialed, disposable dedicated reagents with a low toxicity developed by the research laboratories of CDR and a 12-month shelf-life, in package of 10 tests
- Pipettes to simplify the collection of the samples.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
Vegatable puree and Tomato
No Maintenance and Technical Support Expenses
- The system does not require regular calibrations: it is supplied pre-calibrated, although the calibration parameters can be changed quickly and simply.
- The system does not require costly spare parts: the analyser uses LED luminous sources and does not therefore require the maintenance that is usually needed for photometers with tungsten luminous filaments. The absence of moving parts eliminates the risk of damages.
Vegatable puree and Tomato
|L-Lactic acid in Vegatable puree and Tomato||10||*300251||150 – 3500 ppm|
|Chloride in sauces||10||*300204||0.02 – 7 g%|
- The system: 37° C controlled temperature photometer
- Photometric module:
untill 8 different wavelengthes in 4 reading cells
- Incubation module:
37°C thermostat block with 16 positions
Touch model: 5,7” TFT color LCD touchscreen
2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, 1 Ethernet port (LAN).
- Internal Storage: 4 GB internal memory to store the performed tests
- Database format: CSV and XML file, compatible with all formats of database (e.g.: xls, SQL)
- Printer: Graphic printer on board 80mm width
Touch model: 2,80 Kg
Touch model: 32 cm x 29,5 cm x 13 cm (L x D x H)
- Power Supply:
Touch model: external power supply AC/DC Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A
- Environment conditions to operate: the analyzer and its equipment work at room temperature, from 12°C to 35°C and relative humididty from 20% to 80% not condensed.
CDR logo is a registered trade mark of CDR s.r.l. Florence, Italy. Photo credit: cdR FoodLab