CDR BeerLab is a line of analysis systems specifically designed for beer analysis during the quality control process and the monitoring of the brewing process in breweries and microbreweries. The systems have been designed for the analytical needs of brewers in the plants and every kind of brew master.
With the CDR BeerLab analysis systems is now possible to analyze a wide group of parameters on beer and water with only one instrument, in a method more rapid than traditional methods and without having samples tested by external laboratories.
The analyses for beer quality control in the brewery can be performed in autonomy, in easy way, without the need of equipped laboratories or skilled staff.
The CDR BeerLab systems
CDR BeerLab Touch: designed for analyses of beer and water, is able to analyze 16 samples at the same time, endowed with 5,7” LCD touchscreen, printer, incubation cells, ethernet (LAN) connection, USB for PC connection, USB for the trasfer of the analyses’ data.
CDR BeerLab Junior: designed for analyses of beer, is able to analyze 3 samples at the same time, endowed with 4,3” LCD touchscreen, USB for PC connection, bluetooth 2.1
Easy to use
The system is designed to be used by anyone working in breweries, without the support of specilized technical staff.
The analysis methods are easier than the traditional ones and can be performed in few steps:
- Adding the sample volume to the pre-vialed reagent.
- Following the displayed instructions and if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process.
- Results are automatically calculated, displayed and printed.
This measuring system owes its sensitivity, accuracy and reliability to the photometric technology based on LED luminous sources.
The results of the analyses are correlated with the reference methods.
Reduced testing times
In only 15 minutes is possible to analyze up to 16 samples with the Touch model and up to 3 samples with the Junior model.
The analysis systems, model Touch and Junior, consist of:
- The Analyzer based on photometric technology that uses LEDs and equipped with 37°C thermostated reading and incubation cells.
- Analysis kits with disposable previaled reagents with a low toxicity, in package of 10 test, 12 month shelf-life, developed and produced by CDR research laboratories.
- Pipettes to simplify the collection of the samples.
- Printer: graphic printer on board (Touch model); possibility to connect a printer (Junior model).
- “Step by step” guide during the analysis procedure.
- CDR BeerLab Touch and CDR BeerLab Junior are supplied with a 3 year warranty.
The advantages of the CDR BeerLab systems
In conclusion, here is how CDR BeerLab systems make easy and supports the work ofbreweries and brew masters:
- Simple to use: in the brewery, during the different beer making phases, without the help of skilled staff; moreover the “step by step” guide assists the operator in case of doubts about the analysis method procedure;
- Exploitation of simple and optimized methods, rapid to perform, without risks, without waste and without the need of an equipped laboratory;
- Removes the necessity to engage an external laboratory;
- Allows to make rapid and safe decisions: in few minutes you obtain reliable results on tens of samples;
- The system gives accurate results, verified by the correlation curves and the conformity with the reference chemical analysis methods;
- The system performs a complete range of analyses, all the main parameters for beer and must, for the control of the beer making process;
- Small size dimensions, compact and does not request maintainance: the system is a spectrophotometer fitting the analytical needs of breweries, brew masters and consultants.
CDR BeerLab systems are able to perform the tests in a few minutes and does not require the samples to be pre-processed.
Beer: Fermentable sugars, Bitterness (Touch model only), Color, Lactic Acid D L, Alcohol Content, pH must, Starch, Free Ammino Nitrogen by OPA (FAN)
Water: Calcium, Magnesium, Bicarbonate, Chloride, Potassium, Sulfate
|Beer test||Number of tests||Code||Measuring Range|
|Fermentable sugars||10||*300645||[0,1 – 150] g/L maltose
[0 – 10] %vv alcoholic increase
|Bitterness||10||*300635||[5 – 100] IBU|
|Color||10||*300655||EBC [1-100] SRM [0,5-50]|
|Lactic acid D L||10||*300715||[150 – 3500] ppm Lactic acid [D L]|
|Alcohol by volume||10||*300735||[0 – 10] % vv|
|pH||10||*300625||[4,50 – 6,50]|
|Starch||10||*300615||[0,10 – 10] g/L|
|FAN (Free Amino Nitrogen)||10||*300785||[30 -300] ppm|
|Total sulfur dioxide (SO2)||10||*300865||[1 -30] mg/L|
|Vicinal Diketones (VDKs)||10||*300925||[ 0.10 – 2] ppm|
|Water test||Number of tests||Code||Measuring Range|
|Calcium||10||*300695||[5- 250] ppm|
|Magnesium||10||*300673||[2 – 50] ppm|
|Bicarbonates||10||*300663||[0 – 300] ppm|
|Chlorides||10||*300705||[100 – 500] ppm|
|Potassium||10||*300683||[50 – 500] ppm|
|Sulfates||10||*300685||[20 – 250] ppm|
|Zinc||10||*300845||[0.05 – 1] ppm|
CDR BeerLab® chemical Analyzers for inline control in brewing process
|CDR BEERLAB® JUNIOR|
|Tests||Beer and Wort:
Lactic Acid (D L)
Free Aminio Nitrogen by OPA (FAN)
Total sulfur dioxide (SO2)
Vicinal diketones (VDKs) [new]Water:
|Configuration with tailored panel of analyses
Beer and Wort:
|Possibility of running several tests on the same sample||–|
|Incubation module||37˚C thermostatic block with 16 slots||37˚C thermostated reading block with incubation function|
|Internal memory to store analysis results|
|Touch Screen Display|
|USB host port to connect USB memories||–|
|USB port to connect to a PC|
|Ethernet (LAN) port||–|
|Wireless link for external printer||–|
|Dimensions and weight||32 X 29,5 X 13 cm (L x P x H) – 2,8 Kg||15 x 22 x 8,3 cm (L x P x H) – 0,80 Kg|
|Lithium ion battery||–|
Technical Specifications of CDR BeerLab systems
- The system: 37° C controlled temperature photometer
- Photometric module:
6 different wavelengthes in 4 reading cells
- Incubation module:
37°C thermostat block with 16 positions (Touch model only)
Touch model: 5,7” TFT color LCD touchscreen
Junior model: 4,3” Wide TFT color LCD touchscreen
Touch model: 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, 1 Ethernet port (LAN).
Junior Touch: 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, bluetooth 2.1
- Internal Storage: 4 GB internal memory to store the performed tests
- Database format: CSV and XML file, compatible with all formats of database (e.g.: xls, SQL)
- Printer: Graphic printer on board 80mm width (Touch model)
Touch model: 2,80 Kg
Junior model: 0,80 Kg
Touch model: 32 cm x 29,5 cm x 13 cm (L x D x H)
Junior model: 15 x 22 x 8,3 cm (L x D x H)
- Power Supply:
Touch model: external power supply AC/DC Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A
Junior model: external power supply AC/DC 24 V Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A or lithium ion battery (optional)
- Environment conditions to operate: the analyzer and its equipment work at room temperature, from 12°C to 35°C and relative humididty from 20% to 80% not condensed.
CDR logo is a registered trade mark of CDR s.r.l. Florence, Italy. Photo credit: cdR FoodLab