The CiderLab Touch is a fast, simple and reliable analysis system for determining multiple parameters in cider and apple juice.
- Easy to use – the system does not require specific training
- Calibration free – the analyser is supplied pre-calibrated
- Maintenance free – LED sources, no moving parts
- At line analysis – can be run by unskilled operators
- Simple – low toxicity reagents in pre-filled cuvettes
- Rapid results – results in minutes on micro-samples
- Cost effective solution – rapid return on investment
- Monitor the cidermaking process in real time
- Manage treatment of cider and apple juice.
Test methods require minimal sample preparation or handling and utilise microscopic sample volumes (5-100 µl).
The CDR ciderLab systems
CDR CiderLab Touch: designed for analyses of cider, is able to analyze 16 samples at the same time, endowed with 5,7” LCD touchscreen, printer, incubation cells, ethernet (LAN) connection, USB for PC connection, USB for the trasfer of the analyses’ data.
CDR CiderLab Junior: designed for analyses of cider, is able to analyze 3 samples at the same time, endowed with 4,3” LCD touchscreen, USB for PC connection, bluetooth 2.1 The TPI test is not available on this model. Additional tests can be added if required.
Easy to use
The system is designed to be used by anyone working in cideries/wineries, without the support of specialized technical staff.
The analysis methods are easier than the traditional ones and can be performed in few steps:
- Adding the sample volume to the pre-vialed reagent.
- Following the displayed instructions and if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process.
- Results are automatically calculated, displayed and printed.
Pre-programmed tests are easily selected from the software.
The CiderLab Touch software guides the user through the testing process through clear graphical instructions via a touch-screen.
During analysis sessions the step by step analytical method instructions can be accessed.
The Multitasking mode can be used to determine the complete analytical profile of a cider sample in 10 minutes:
- Acetic, Malic and Lactic Acid
- Fermentable Sugars
- Total Acidity
- Total and Free Sulfur Dioxide
|Acetic Acid||10||*300360||0,05 -1,20 g/L acetic acid|
|L-Lactic Acid||10||*300280||0,1-4.0 g/L lactic acid|
|L-Malic Acid||10||*300340||0,05 – 5.0 g/L malic acid|
|Free SO2||10||*300345||1 – 60 mg/L SO2|
|Total SO2||10||*300350||15 – 250 mg/L SO2|
|Fermentable Sugars||10||*300355||0,1 – 200 g/L sugar|
|Glucose and Fructose||10||*300355||0,05 – 200 g/L glucose/fructose|
|Alcohol content||10||*300603||1 – 9 %vol|
|YAN – Yeast Assimilable Nitrogen||10||*300435||30 – 300 mg/L N inorganic and 30 – 300 mg/L N organic|
|pH||10||*300310||3,00 – 4,00|
|Total Acidity||10||*300320||1,00 – 10,00 g/L malic acid|
|Glycerol||10||*300515||2 – 15 g/L glycerol|
|TPI – Total Polyphenols Index||10||*300495||2 – 100 O.D. 280 nm|
Technical Specifications of CDR ciderLab systems
- The system: 37° C controlled temperature photometer
- Photometric module:
6 different wavelengthes in 4 reading cells
- Incubation module:
37°C thermostat block with 16 positions (Touch model only)
Touch model: 5,7” TFT color LCD touchscreen
Junior model: 4,3” Wide TFT color LCD touchscreen
Touch model: 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, 1 Ethernet port (LAN).
Junior Touch: 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, bluetooth 2.1
- Internal Storage: 4 GB internal memory to store the performed tests
- Database format: CSV and XML file, compatible with all formats of database (e.g.: xls, SQL)
- Printer: Graphic printer on board 80mm width (Touch model)
Touch model: 2,80 Kg
Junior model: 0,80 Kg
Touch model: 32 cm x 29,5 cm x 13 cm (L x D x H)
Junior model: 15 x 22 x 8,3 cm (L x D x H)
- Power Supply:
Touch model: external power supply AC/DC Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A
Junior model: external power supply AC/DC 24 V Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A or lithium ion battery (optional)
- Environment conditions to operate: the analyzer and its equipment work at room temperature, from 12°C to 35°C and relative humididty from 20% to 80% not condensed.
CDR logo is a registered trade mark of CDR s.r.l. Florence, Italy
Photo credit: cdR FoodLab