CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system for milk and dairy products to perform quality controls throughout the production process. One single instrument allows to determine a wide range of chemical parameters easily and rapidly.
It is used worldwide not only in laboratories and production lines in the food industry, but also in small cheese factories, dairy farms, cattle breeding farms, and testing laboratories.
How FoodLab® works
Each test is performed dispensing in the cuvette containing the buffer a determined amount of the sample. Thanks to the reagents created on purpose, it is generated a colorimetric reaction.
The result of the test is printed immediately after the elaboration of the photometric reading, in its unit of measure.
Easy to use
The system is designed to be used by anyone, without the support of skilled staff. The analysis methods are easier than the traditional ones and can be performed in few steps:
- Adding the sample volume to the pre-vialed reagent.
- Following the displayed instructions and if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process.
- Results are automatically calculated, displayed and printed.
Reduced Testing Times
It is possible to perform the analyses autonomously, easily and rapidly at production line too. It is possible to analyze 16 samples at the same time and to monitor constantly the production process, obtaining in few minutes exact and accurate answers.
The multitasking mode on Touch Model allows to manage the determinations of several analytical parameters at the same time. It allows the system to process one analysis and to start another one at the same time, with the possibility to go back to the first one at any moment.
The analytical system includes:
- A photometric analyzer that use LEDs, instead of usual tungsten lamps, 4 reading cells and 16 incubation cells thermostated at 37° C.
- “Step by step” built-in guide during the analysis procedure.
- A Kit of pre-vialed, disposable dedicated reagents with a low toxicity developed by the research laboratories of CDR and a 12-month shelf-life, in package of 10 tests
- Pipettes to simplify the collection of the samples.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
Milk & Dairy products
- L-Lactic acid in milk, cheese, cream
- Milk Urea Nitrogen (MUN) in milk
- Lactose in milk
- Ammonia in milk, cream, cheese
- Chloride in milk, cheese, aqueous solutions
- Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) of cow’s milk
- Hydrogen peroxide in milk
- e-fructosil-lysine (Furosine) in milk
- Peroxidase (POD) in milk
- Glucose in UHT milk
- Acidity in butter, margarine and cream
- Peroxide value in butter, margarine and cream
The analytical methods of FoodLab® Touch are much simpler and faster as compared to traditional ones: tests require a few simple steps.
- Reagents are pre-vialed and ready for use. Their low toxicity eliminates the need of handling toxic or carcinogenic agents.
- There is no need of preparing samples, at any rate, the operation is quick and simple.
- There is no need to clean containers or other accessories or the traditional “glassware”.
One System for Several Tests
FoodLab® Touch can be used to perform a wide panel of tests, therefore, eliminates the need of purchasing or learning to use several systems to control the quality of food matrix.
Several studies performed by certified laboratories have demonstrated that the accuracy of the analytical results of FoodLab® Touch is equivalent to that of reference methods. The only difference lies in the fact that FoodLab® Touch is easier to use and provides the required results in shorter time.
The analytical method and system have been validated by certified laboratories, such as the Standard Latte Laboratory of the Associazione Italiana Allevatori [Italian Breeders Association]. Comparisons concerning the tests for acidity, number of peroxides, soaps in fats and oils, chlorides in milk and cholesterol in eggs were carried out in the laboratories of Neotron.
No Maintenance and Technical Support Expenses
- The system does not require regular calibrations: it is supplied pre-calibrated, although the calibration parameters can be changed quickly and simply.
- The system does not require costly spare parts: the analyzer uses LED luminous sources and does not therefore require the maintenance that is usually needed for photometers with tungsten luminous filaments. The absence of moving parts eliminates the risk of damages.
|Milk Urea Nitrogen (MUN)||10||*300004||5 – 100 mg/dL|
|Ammonia||10||*300054||1 – 80 ppM|
|Chloride||10||*300100||50 – 400 mg/dL|
|L-Lactic Acid||20||*300076||2 – 200 ppM|
|Hydrogen peroxide||10||*300328||1.5 – 25 ppM|
|Alkaline phosphatase (ALP)
|10||*300228||0.1 – 5 U/L|
|ε-fructosil-lysine||10||*300404||(10 – 1000) delta x 1000|
|Peroxidase||20||*300528||0.01 – 50 mEqO2/Kg|
|Lactose in milk||10||*300010||0.1 – 5.5 % lactose|
|Glucose in UHT milk||10||*|
|Chloride in aqueous solutions||10||*300028||0.01-50 g/dL|
|Chlorides in cheese||10||*300204||0.02 – 7 g%|
|Ammonia||10||*300054||1 – 80 ppM|
|L-Lactic Acid in cheese||100||*300375||0.01-1.75 g%|
CDR FoodLab® Analyzers for Milk and Dairy Products
- The system: 37° C controlled temperature photometer
- Photometric module:
up to 8 different wavelengths in 4 reading cells
- Incubation module:
37°C thermostat block with 16 positions
Touch model: 5,7” TFT color LCD touchscreen
2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, 1 Ethernet port (LAN).
- Internal Storage: 4 GB internal memory to store the performed tests
- Database format: CSV and XML file, compatible with all formats of database (e.g.: xls, SQL)
- Printer: Graphic printer on board 80mm width
Touch model: 2,80 Kg
Touch model: 32 cm x 29,5 cm x 13 cm (L x D x H)
- Power Supply:
Touch model: external power supply AC/DC Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A
- Environment conditions to operate: the analyzer and its equipment work at room temperature, from 12°C to 35°C and relative humidity from 20% to 80% not condensed.
CDR logo is a registered trade mark of CDR s.r.l. Florence, Italy. Photo credit: cdR FoodLab®