CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system for egg products that simplifies and accelerates traditional quality control procedures. Sample preparation is extremely easy and only takes 5 minutes; the test is performed in just few minutes.
CDR FoodLab® for eggs and egg products can determine:
- Lactic acid
- Butyric acid
More intuitive and faster than traditional methods, CDR FoodLab® is the ideal solution for egg producers and food industries that use egg products. Its analytical method is so easy to follow that the system can be utilized in a laboratory as well as in production plants to perform the required quality control tests, or at the time of purchase.
How are tests performed?
Performing chemical analyses for quality control of egg products is simple and fast because sample preparation is extremely quick. All reagents are supplied pre-vialed and ready to use, and operators do not have to handle toxic or carcinogenic compounds; there is no need to wash either containers or traditional glassware.
How FoodLab works
With CDR FoodLab®, chemical tests on egg products are performed in just a few steps and results are yielded right away:
- Select the parameter to measure from the menu: the system automatically selects the correct wavelength.
- Use the supplied pipette to add the correct volume of sample to the pre-vialed reagent, specifically developed by our laboratories. A colorimetric reaction is generated.
- Follow the displayed instructions.
Each test is performed dispensing in the cuvette containing the buffer a determined amount of the sample. Thanks to the reagents created on purpose, it is generated a colorimetric reaction.
The result of the test is printed immediately after the elaboration of the photometric reading, in its unit of measure.
Easy to use
The system is designed to be used by anyone, without the support of skilled staff. The analysis methods are easier than the traditional ones and can be performed in few steps:
- Adding the sample volume to the pre-vialed reagent.
- Following the displayed instructions and if there is ever a doubt, the HELP function will lead you through the process.
- Results are automatically calculated, displayed and printed.
Reduced Testing Times
It is possible to perform the analyses autonomously, easily and rapidly at production line too. It is possible to analyze 16 samples at the same time and to monitor constantly the production process, obtaining in few minutes exact and accurate answers.
The multitasking mode on Touch Model allows to manage the determinations of several analytical parameters at the same time. It allows the system to process one analysis and to start another one at the same time, with the possibility to go back to the first one at any moment.
The analytical system includes:
- A spectrophotometric analyzerthat use LEDs, instead of usual tungsten lamps, 4 reading cells and 16 incubation cells thermostated at 37° C.
- “Step by step” built-in guideduring the analysis procedure.
- A Kit of pre-vialed, disposable dedicated reagents with a low toxicity developed by the research laboratories of CDR and a 12-month shelf-life, in package of 10 tests
- Pipettes to simplify the collection of the samples.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
Egg / Egg Products
One System for Several Tests
FoodLab Touch can be used to perform a wide panel of tests, therefore, eliminates the need of purchasing or learning to use several systems to control the quality of food matrixes.
Several studies performed by certified laboratories have demonstrated that the accuracy of the analytical results of FoodLab Touch is equivalent to that of reference methods. The only difference lies in the fact that FoodLab Touch is easier to use and provides the required results in shorter time.
No Maintenance and Technical Support Expenses
- The system does not require regular calibrations: it is supplied pre-calibrated, although the calibration parameters can be changed quickly and simply.
- The system does not require costly spare parts: the analyser uses LED luminous sources and does not therefore require the maintenance that is usually needed for photometers with tungsten luminous filaments. The absence of moving parts eliminates the risk of damages.
|L-Lactic Acid in egg||20||*300388||10 – 10.000 ppM|
|D-3-hydroxybutyric acid||10||*300426||0.5-15 ppM (mg/Kg)|
|Cholesterol||100||*300395||25 – 1450 mg/100g|
|Colour||10||*300295||1,0 – 180,0 ppm|
|Total Acidity||10||*300241||1 – 10 degree|
|Xanthophylls||50||*300220||1,0 – 180,0 g/Kg|
CDR FoodLab® Analyzers for Egg Products
|CDR FOODLAB®||CDR FOODLAB® JUNIOR|
|Configurable analysis panel|
|Possibility of running several tests on the same sample||–|
|Photometric module||4 thermostated reading cells (37˚C)||4 thermostated reading cells (37˚C)|
|Incubation module||37˚C thermostatic block with 16 slots||37˚C thermostated reading block with incubation function|
|Internal memory to store analysis results|
|Touch Screen Display|
|USB host port to connect USB memories||–|
|USB port to connect to a PC|
|Ethernet (LAN) port||–|
|Wireless link for external printer||–|
|Dimensions and weight||32 X 29,5 X 13 cm (L x P x H) – 2,8 Kg||15 x 22 x 8,3 cm (L x P x H) – 0,80 Kg|
|Lithium ion battery||–|
- The system: 37° C controlled temperature photometer
- Photometric module:
untill 8 different wavelengthes in 4 reading cells
- Incubation module:
37°C thermostat block with 16 positions
Touch model: 5,7” TFT color LCD touchscreen
2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, 1 Ethernet port (LAN).
- Internal Storage: 4 GB internal memory to store the performed tests
- Database format: CSV and XML file, compatible with all formats of database (e.g.: xls, SQL)
- Printer: Graphic printer on board 80mm width
Touch model: 2,80 Kg
Touch model: 32 cm x 29,5 cm x 13 cm (L x D x H)
- Power Supply:
Touch model: external power supply AC/DC Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A
- Environment conditions to operate: the analyzer and its equipment work at room temperature, from 12°C to 35°C and relative humididty from 20% to 80% not condensed.
CDR logo is a registered trade mark of CDR s.r.l. Florence, Italy. Photo credit: cdR FoodLab