CDR FoodLab® is the analysis system that allows to test the shelf life of bakery products, snacks and spreads in a simple and fast way: no toxic solvents are required for sample preparation, analysis are performed in 5 minutes.
CDR FoodLab® tests the shelf life of finished products by monitoring the oxidation status and the rancidity of the oils contained in the different products, thanks to easy and rapid periodical analyses.
Thanks to the Multitasking Mode, it is possible to run the oxidation status test of bakery products, snacks and spreads in 5 minutes to the purpose of determining:
- Free Fatty Acids
- p-Anisidine Value
Risks for the operator are eliminated and the environmental impact is minimized because determining the shelf life of finished products no longer requires complicated extraction processes, toxic solvents, expensive waste disposals or extractor hoods.
How to determine the shelf life of bakery products in 4 steps
Thanks to the dedicated system specifically designed by the CDR research laboratories, sample preparation is very quick and does not require the use of toxic compounds.
How are tests performed?
With CDR FoodLab®, results are yielded in just a few steps:
- Select the parameter to measure from the menu: the system automatically selects the correct wavelength.
- Use the supplied pipette to add the correct volume of sample to the pre-vialed reagent, specifically developed by our laboratories. A colorimetric reaction is generated.
- Follow the displayed instructions.
Save your time
To assess the oxidation status of a fat contained in spreads or bakery products, CDR FoodLab® relies on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy, when needed at all;
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy;
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures.
Moreover, CDR FoodLab® allows accelerating analytical procedures. Its thermostated incubation cellsand the multitasking mode allow performing in an simple and fast way:
- several analyses at the same time on the same sample
- sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.
- Free Fatty Acids (FFA) in 1 minute
- Peroxide Value (PV) in 4 minutes
- p-Anisidine Value (AnV) in 2 minutes
With CDR FoodLab® Touch you can testing Fried Snacks in 3 steps and in few minutes too.
Reduced testing time
It is possible to analyze 16 samples at the same time and constantly monitor the production process, obtaining exact and accurate answers in just a few minutes.
The multitasking mode allows to manage the determinations of several analytical parameters at the same time. It allows the system to process one analysis and to start another one at the same time, with the possibility to go back to the first one at any moment.
Thanks to multitasking mode you can perform the tests of Free Fatty Acids (FFA), Peroxide Value (PV) and p-Anisidine Value (AnV) at the same time in 5 minutes.
This measuring system owes its sensitivity, accuracy and reliability to the photometric technology based on LED luminous sources. The results of the analysis are correlated with the reference methods.
CDR FoodLab® Analyzers for Snacks, Bakery Products and Spreads
|CDR FOODLAB®||CDR FOODLAB® JUNIOR|
|Tests||Free Fatty Acids
p-Anisidine ValueYou can also determine:
Iodine value in Palm Oil
Polyphenols in Olive Oil
|Configurable analysis panel|
|Possibility of running several tests on the same sample||–|
|Incubation module||37˚C thermostatic block with 16 slots||37˚C thermostated reading block with incubation function|
|Internal memory to store analysis results|
|Touch Screen Display|
|USB host port to connect USB memories||–|
|USB port to connect to a PC|
|Ethernet (LAN) port||–|
|Wireless link for external printer||–|
|Dimensions and weight||32 X 29,5 X 13 cm (L x P x H) – 2,8 Kg||15 x 22 x 8,3 cm (L x P x H) – 0,80 Kg|
|Lithium ion battery||–|
- The system: 37° C controlled temperature photometer
- Photometric module:
up to 8 different wavelengths in 4 reading cells
- Incubation module:
37°C thermostat block with 16 positions
Touch model: 5,7” TFT color LCD touchscreen
2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB port type B for technical service and PC connection, 1 Ethernet port (LAN).
- Internal Storage: 4 GB internal memory to store the performed tests
- Database format: CSV and XML file, compatible with all formats of database (e.g.: xls, SQL)
- Printer: Graphic printer on board 80mm width
Touch model: 2,80 Kg
Touch model: 32 cm x 29,5 cm x 13 cm (L x D x H)
- Power Supply:
Touch model: external power supply AC/DC Prim. voltage:100 – 250V, 47 – 63 Hz, 0,8 A Sec. voltage 24V, 1,4 VA, max.: 3,0 A
- Environment conditions to operate: the analyzer and its equipment work at room temperature, from 12°C to 35°C and relative humidity from 20% to 80% not condensed.
CDR logo is a registered trade mark of CDR s.r.l. Florence, Italy. Photo credit: cdR FoodLab®